This policy applies to information held about clients and prospective clients, suppliers and prospective suppliers, contacts and all other persons about whom Kampala Web Design Limited holds information. By ‘information’, we mean personal information about you that we collect, use, share and store.
In this policy, “we”, “us”, and “our” means Kampala Web Design Limited of Plot 864 Masooli Road, Kasangati, Kampala
, Uganda and “you” means the individual to whom the information relates.
What we collect
• your name;
• your contact information such as your address, email address and telephone number;
• only if required, your payment details / financial data i.e. your bank name, account number and sort code;
• information about you that you give us in person at our events, by filling in forms on our site located at http://klawebdesign .com (our site) (e.g. the contact us section or to sign up to our mailing list) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise and information in relation to your purchase of our products or use of our services.
How we collect information about you
• collecting information you give to us when you purchase product from us;
• your use of the forms on our website
• from telephone or email enquiries we may receive
What we do with the information we gather
We use your information to:
• provide information about our products and services to you;
• keep you informed about news and events that we think you may find interesting;
• carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us;
• communicate with you;
• administer our site and for internal operations;
• keep our site safe and secure;
• comply with legal and regulatory obligations; and
• For security and to check your identity.
Cookies and how they benefit you
Our Cookies enable us to:
• Make our website work as you’d expect.
• Save you having to login every time you visit the site.
• Remember your settings during and between visits.
• Improve the speed/security of the site.
• Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook.
• Personalize our site to you to help you get what you need faster.
• Continuously improve our website for you.
• Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do).
• To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
• To speed up your searches.
• Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission).
• Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission).
• Pass personally identifiable data to third parties.
• Pay sales commissions.
If the settings on your software that you are using to view this website (your Internet browser) are adjusted to accept cookies we take this, and your continued use of our website, to mean that you are fine with this.
More about our Cookies
Website Function Cookies – Our own cookies
• Making our shopping basket and checkout work.
• Determining if you are logged in or not.
• Allowing you to add comments to our site.
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Social Website Cookies
So you can easily “Like” or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site.
Cookies are set by: Facebook, Twitter
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Visitor Statistics Cookies
This helps us to continuously improve our website. These so called “analytics” programs also tell us if how people reached this site (e.g. from a search engine) and whether they have been here before helping us to put more money into developing our services for you instead of marketing spend.
We use: Google Analytics
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our website (and a large proportion of the world’s other websites) as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.
It may be that you have concerns around cookies relate to so called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive.
Legal basis for processing
Our processing of your personal information is necessary:
• for the performance of contracts to which you will be a party to and in order to take steps at your request prior to you entering into those contracts;
• for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us; or
• In order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
In relation to any processing of special categories of personal data, we will generally rely on obtaining specific consent from you at the time unless there is otherwise a legal requirement for us to process such information.
Where our processing is based on the legitimate interest grounds described above, those legitimate interests are: (i) collecting personal information to provide you with a smooth and efficient client experience; (ii) to make sure you receive updated information on our business activities; (iii) to provide the services you have requested; and (iv) for our own marketing and research.
Sharing your information
Except as expressly set out in this policy we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
The personal information
you provide to us may be shared with third party companies, agents, contractors, service providers or affiliated companies if this is necessary to provide you with our products or services, respond to your inquiries or for any of the purposes described in this policy.
We may also share your personal information with:
• law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties if we are required by law to do so; and
• Other business entities should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity, or if we undergo a re-organization with that entity.
At any time, you have the right:
• to request access to or a copy of any personal data which we hold about you;
• to rectification of your personal data, if you consider that the information we are holding is inaccurate;
• to ask us to delete your personal data, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
• to withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent);
• to ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages as described below in the marketing section;
• to restrict processing of your personal data;
Any request from you for access to or a copy of your personal data must be in writing and we will endeavor to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within one month in compliance with data protection legislation. We will comply with our legal obligations as regards your rights as a data subject.
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, do let us know if any of your personal details change at the following email
Where you are one of our clients or have otherwise agreed to be contacted for marketing we may use your personal information to send you information about our news and events. You can unsubscribe from receiving them at any time, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will action any opt out request from you without delay.
How long will we keep your information?
We will only keep the information we collect about you for as long as required for the purposes set out above or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject. This will involve us periodically reviewing our files to check that information is accurate, up-to-date and still required.
Where we are permitted to send you direct marketing communications we may retain your contact information necessary for this purpose, for as long as you do not unsubscribe from receiving the same from us. If you opt out from marketing, we will retain your information to enable us to respect your wishes to not be contacted for marketing purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to Other Sites
Our website may contain links to other sites, including via our social media buttons. While we try to link only to websites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content, security, or privacy practices employed by other websites and a link does not constitute an endorsement of that website.
Certain features of our site will allow for social networking. You should ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be sent, collected or used by other users, such as profile details or e-mail address.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com
If you have any concerns about our use of your information, you also have the right to make a complaint to the Uganda Communications Commissioner’s Office, which regulates and supervises the use of personal data in Uganda, via their helpline on Toll free 0800222777, +256 414 339000/ +256 312 339000, firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to this policy
Any changes we make to our policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our policy.